Heavy whipping cream is a staple in our house much like butter, bread and milk. This could be why I can't shake these last few pounds of baby weight.....Anyway, we love our cream. I like to add it to soups and even a few tablespoons to marinara occasionally. Having heavy cream on hand makes it easy for us to always be able to make homemade whipped cream.
There really is no substitute for homemade, and it takes minutes to make. With this being the start of berry season, I can't think of a better time to share this recipe with you.
Below I have given you the recipe for plain homemade whipped cream, but I've also provided a few variations that you may want to try. We will buy a bag of frozen mixed berries and eat cinnamon whipped cream on top for an easy weeknight dessert. Chocolate whipped cream is fantastic for dipping in strawberries and I even like it on top of my coffee!
The sky is the limit once you have the basic recipe mastered. I'm wanting to experiment with a honey lavender whipped cream. I'll let you know how that goes!
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 TBSP powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- Using a mixer, whip the cream on medium until stiff peaks form.
- That's it! It's so fast and easy!
- Variations that we like: Add a tsp of cinnamon and eat on mixed berries. Add a tsp of cocoa powder to eat on strawberries or on top of your coffee.