I have loved blogging and I really hope that this blog is inspiring to you all out there, so it was a lovely surprise when I found out that this weekend Lauren over at Hole Food Family nominated the blog for the Liebster Award!!
I'm not going to lie, I didn't know what a Liebster was, but I was beyond thrilled that someone liked my blog enough to nominate me for ANY award! For those of you who also do not know what the Liebster Award is, it is an award for bloggers given by other bloggers to give encouragement and to promote each other. The award only exists on the Internet, so unfortunately you will not be seeing a red carpet post from me any time soon. I am honored to accept the Liebster award and pass it on as well.
When someone nominates you for the Liebster, they ask you a series of questions. Below are my answers to Lauren's questions.
1. What originally got you blogging?
I started staying home earlier this year after having my second child, but I still wanted something professional in my life. While, sometimes blogging doesn't feel like work, other times it does, but no matter what blogging is forcing me to stay engaged in adult things instead of just cartoons!
2. What do you most enjoy about blogging?
I love that when I feel that I'm lacking inspiration, I'm forced to do something or learn something in order to give my readers valuable content. I think blogging is making me become more of the person I've always wanted to become.
3. Who or what, is your biggest inspiration in life?
I know that answer here is supposed to by my mom, and don't get me wrong, I LOVE my mom. She is amazing and has always been able to love me as I am (I'm not a big hugger and she just gets it!), but I think that this really changes with where I am in life or what role I'm fulfilling. As a blogger and business woman, I look to women like Shannon Ables, Claire Trost, and Jess Connolly. I look to Dave Ramsey and Rachel Cruze for financial guidance. As a woman of God, I'm inspired by Jess Connolly, Shauna Niequist and Jamie Ivey. And as a mom and wife, I look to my mom and women like my best friend and my older cousin.
4. Who or What, are you most grateful for?
I'm most grateful for my life (which allows me to be thankful for more than one thing. LOL!). I have the life I always dreamed of as I was growing up. I married a good man. I have beautiful babies. I have a lovely home. And I have wonderful friends and am part of a great community. God has blessed me beyond measure. As Dave Ramsey says, I'm doing "better than I deserve."
5. Where would you most like to be right now?
I'm taking this question as a destination I would like to be at right now, but I guess it could be where I want to be in my life....
If I could be anywhere right now, I would want to be in Italy with my family. Italy is my bucket list vacation. I want to tour, eat, and drink wine.
6. Do you have hopes or aspirations for your blog?
YES!!!!! I want my blog to be a place of inspiration for other women. I want to provide new and valuable insight to women. And I would like this blog to lead to a full-time income at some point. I'm not sure if the blog itself will be the income source or if I want the blog to simply be a stepping stone, but I have BIG dreams.
7. Do you write anywhere else?
No, I don't currently write anywhere else. I've started to look at a few blogs that use contributors to see if I would fit in there and possibly apply to be a contributor. If you are reading this and want to work together, let me know!
8. Who would your 5 fantasy dinner party guests be?
First, Jesus. I know its cliche, but I just have so many questions! Second, I would have to be Audrey Hepburn. She is lovely in every sense of the word and exudes elegance. I just discovered Jess Connolly, but I think she would be the funnest friend. Plus, she is an amazing woman of God. I think we can all use a friend that can show us that being a Christian doesn't mean we have to be somber or boring. I would also invite Kate Middleton, because she is pretty much the modern Audrey. And last, but certainly not least, Dave Ramsey. I am a HUGE fan.
9. What would you cook for them?
I should probably want to serve them something simple and just good so that I can enjoy their company, but I would probably try to create some sort of five course masterpiece. I'm over-the-top that way. We would definitely have wine (and I hope someone would toast. I think that it is so cool when people make toasts, but its just not something my group of friends does.) and I would want the garden to be in full glory so that we could have something with garden tomatoes. Maybe my caprese stacks for an appetizer?
10. What advice would your 80 year old self give you right now, for the future?
She would probably tell me to live in the moment more, watch less TV and stop worrying about all of the little things. I was talking to my cousin this weekend about my apprehension to have L help me cook because of the mess she made during the first time I attempted to let her help me bake. My cousin said, "It's ok to make messes." I think my 80-year-old self would tell me that. It's ok to make messes in the kitchen, in your home and in life. That's how we learn. (Now I just have to get the OCD tendency in me to agree!)
11. What advice would you give your 16 year old self about your future?
You know nothing. I think that would be the best wisdom I could give. Just surrender to not knowing and then go out and try to discover and learn. Also, stop being so scared. I missed out on a lot of opportunities because I was scared to try them or because I didn't think that they fit in with my "life path." Well, my life path has taken many twists, turns and re-directions. Seize the opportunities that you want to. They don't all have to fit into the larger goal. Sometimes a great experience is a goal in itself.
To continue the Liebster Award tradition, here are my nominations:
If you accept my nomination, here are your questions:
- What originally got you blogging?
- What do you most enjoy about blogging?
- What is your go to resource to learn more about blogging?
- Who or what, is your biggest inspiration in life?
- Who or What, are you most grateful for?
- Do you have hopes or aspirations for your blog?
- Where is your ideal vacation spot?
- Who would your 5 fantasy dinner party guests be?
- What would you cook for them?
- What is your favorite podcast?
- What is your favorite book?
- What is your favorite vegetable?
Rules of “The Liebster Blog”
- Create a blog post answering the questions above.
- In your post, link back to the person who nominated you. (That’s me!)
- After answering my questions, add a section for your nominees.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers with under 200 followers (I'm sure that a few of mine have more than 200, but I love these blogs so I decided to give you my favorites despite the followers). Provide them with instructions and give them 11 questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees and provide them with a link to your post.
- When you’re all done, comment below with the link to your post. I’d love to read your answers!